If your cat has peed on your car seat, there are several ways you can completely get the cat pee out of your car seat. Cat urine can stain and damage the upholstery of your car seat. Also, it has a lingering odour that makes your car space uncomfortable. Therefore, once your cat pees, you should act fast and remove the urine.
Ways on how to get cat pee out of car seat
Method 1: Clean using vinegar and liquid dish soap mix
One of the efficient methods is by using a mixture of vinegar and liquid dish soap. The procedure to follow. Below are the steps.
- Mix liquid dish soap, about a spoonful of white vinegar and 2 cups of clean warm water and put the mixture in a spray bottle.
- Spry the solution on the affected area but do not drench your car seat
- Next, using a soft cloth, scrub the area until it is clean
- Use the damp off the surface to remove the foam residue
- Lastly, use a dry cloth to blot out the water and then leave it to dry out.
Method 2: clean using hydrogen peroxide and baking soda cleaner
If the cat pee stain is older and more rigid, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda will work wonders. Below are the steps to follow
- Put three spoons of baking soda, ten ounces of hydrogen peroxide and several drops of liquid soap on the spray bottle. Shake well until the baking soda completely dissolves in the mixture.
- Then spray the cleaning solution on your car seat until it is a bit damp. Let the mixture sit on the surface for at least one hour.
- Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe off the area thoroughly.
- Lastly, use a soft dry cloth to blot the car seat surface to remove excessive moisture. Then allow it to dry completely.
If your cat pees on your car seat, you don’t have to worry. There are several DIY methods you can use to clean up the mess. However, the critical thing is to clean up the urine promptly to prevent it from soaking into the fabric and padding of your car seat.